Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Getting there...

We now have bunting on top and left side of the blanket!



It's not easy sewing them on! Sewing is NOT my strong point! But I don't think I have made a complete hash of them...have I?

The fleece is not easy to work with. It has little give and the cotton has a lot of give! Matching it up and getting it even and straight has been a challenge,


I'm not too happy with the back - the stitches are a bit, well, random because I have had to put them on the front where the least conspicuous place in the pattern is. What I may do is when it's finished them stick some buttons onto the back to make it look like it's caught through the buttons when in actual fact it isn't. I can thread some cotton through to make it look like they are sewn. I don't know. I'll think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Sewing up is the most difficult part of knitting to become good at because compared to the actual knitting we do so little sewing up. I still hate it and try to minimise the amount I do.

    But I think the blanket is looking good, don't forgetunless you point them out it's unlikly that people will notice the faults that are so obvious to you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete